March 5, 2011

Bag Toppers

In my church, we don't have paid clergy, we all volunteer.

 Tomorrow I am teaching the little 5 year olds in Sunday School.
I love being with the kids, and they usually love me- that is, when I bring them treats!

My little 5 year old, Ryder, helped me put these together. It is so quick and easy. 

  • 3x4.75" cello bags (cake/craft stores would carry them)
  • One 14 oz. bag of Starbursts 
  • A Stapler
  • 3x5.5 Photogaphic Prints 

Cello bags and your own custom topper can be used for so many things!

Last year for Valentines, we filled bags with the big 1" bubble gum balls (all red & pink) and topped them with a bright matching photo paper topper.

The bonus to using photographic paper for this type of hybrid project is that when you crease the photo- you aren't having ink rub off on the fold--- because there is no ink!


The 3.5x5 image I created in photoshop
(and made really really fast- 5 year olds don't care about the details:)

(pieces from Crystal Wilkerson)
-Chari

No comments:

Post a Comment