October 31, 2012

Persnickety Prints Instagram Memory Tree


Like many children, my boys need a little reminding of how blessed they are. 
During the Holidays, rather than focus on their "wants", we try to remind them of what they have already!



The 2012 Memory Tree

This tree was an inspiration for a few reasons: 
  1. Scrapbooks are not always showcased. 
  2. The tree makes a great conversation piece for visitors.
  3. These photos are not just of our family, but of people, events, quotes and highlights from 2012.
  4. To remind myself, that regardless of our challenges, we had a great 2012!
  5. Television and media are constantly telling us that we need more. This tree will sit front and center in our home reminding us that we have everything we need.


 




 
 
 

Most of these images were snapped with an iPhone, some were filtered through Instagram. 
I used Instaport to download all of my Instagram photos. 
What I love about this 3rd party software: Once you've logged into your Instagram account, Instaport downloads all of your images into one folder on your hard drive.
This main folder is dated with today's date AND each individual Instagram photo also contains the date. 

After skimming through our 2012 photos, we narrowed the total down to 100. 
I did some tweaking and cropped them square in photoshop.


Then, I ordered 100 4x4 Instagram Photos from Persnickety Prints on the 110# matte cardstock. (.35¢ each when ordering 100+)

I chose the 4x4 Instagram option because I wanted the white border on each of them. Once the year is over and the tree comes down, I can transfer the prints into my Project Life album. 

Depending on the size of tree, you may prefer the 3x3 print size. (the 2x2 is the same as 3x3 with a larger border)





Once the tree comes down, I will add the photos to my project life album or make a 2012 mini book! [see below]

Photos tell a story. Photos spark memory and emotions.
I hope this idea has inspired you to look back on 2012 and find the strength you've gained from overcoming obstacles, as well as the joy you've felt from the simple beauties of life.


-Chari

>> UPDATE << 

The tree eventually must come down!
I've organized all of these prints into 6 4x4 
sheet protectors from WeR Memory Keepers.
Each sheet protector holds 9 4x4 prints, for a total of 18 front and back. It's only February of 2013, and it amazes me how much I've already forgotten about last year! The little things in photos say so much.



8 comments:

  1. I LOVE this idea! I have been doing this for years on our large Christmas tree but haven't updated the photos in a long time. I'm excited to update them this year and use your fabulous instagram printing service. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea! I think I'm going to start this as a new tradition! Thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful idea--thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!
    I have never used your site before. Before I get started I would like to know if you have an easy feature to add a white border to 4x6 prints? thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shelly! Welcome :) Yes, you can upload your image, choose the 4x6 photographic print option, there will be an add-on drop down for border options. Pricing is found here by clicking the "and up" next to the price-https://persnicketyprints.lifepics.com/Pricing

      Delete
  5. Where did you get the page protectors to fit the pictures, cute idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. http://www.amazon.com/Photo-Pocket-Pages-Design-I/dp/B008J8H5GM

      Delete