July 31, 2011

Cyber Friends

Yesterday I posted about my BFF Hollie. We see each other everyday, our kids play, our husbands play- I am a lucky girl. 

I also have some beautiful friends online, and my absolute most favorite thing is to be able to meet them in real life! Yesterday, I met a "PP Blog Reader"at my son's soccer game.
I will get to that -- Kristina Proffitt just distracted me:)

Funny, as I am writing this, I received a facebook notice that Kristina just wrote on my wall:
See-  I LOVE my Cyber Friends!
I have never met Kristina in real life, but I feel like I know everything about her! Kristina lives in Nashville. I am in Utah. Kristina has 2 kids. Her oldest daughter has Type 1 Diabetes. 
Mothers with children that need constant care due to medical reasons are my number one hero's. Kristina is an awesome photographer, and an amazing designer. Here is her Blog.

----------------------------------
I met Julie (aka "LeeLou Blogs") via the web back in 2008. (far right)
She lives in Oregon.
LeeLou offers some great free blogger templates and other goodies. I have met Julie a few times IRL (in real life:) and every time we see each other, I feel like we just pick up where we left off. Julie is scheduled to have her 4th child tomorrow! Good Luck Julie!
----------------------------------------
Suzy lives about 3 hours away from me. She is a graphic designer and a smarty pants business woman. The first time I met Suzy IRL was last year at the CBC Conference in Salt Lake City.
Then we hit Vegas this past spring for Digiscrap*apalooza, a gathering of scrappers celebrating ScrapOrchards 3rd Birthday Party.
Even though I was a "vendor"- Suzy invited me to be on her "team". 


I just love meeting these great women all around the world. 
The Internet is powerful in so many ways!
-----------------------------

"Writing" is not my cup of tea. I find it difficult to portray my sarcastic tone in a sentence, and I fear I will send the wrong message. I also don't like writing about myself. Other people are much more interesting. I have concluded- I will do what I do, and if they don't like it, they won't read it.

Having said that- it sure is rewarding to meet a "Blog Reader".

My oldest son Ethan just started playing soccer for a AAA Soccer Team called the Rangers here in Utah. We have been at our first tournament all weekend. 


That's Ethan making his momma proud.

It is our first year with the Rangers, and we haven't had a chance to get to know many of the parents yet.

My husband sets up our umbrella, blankets and chair right next to this nice couple, the Reeds.
Lara looks over and says- "Hey, are you Persnickety?"
It caught me off guard.
Me- "um, yeah."
Lara- "I read your blog."
Me- "really? awesome! I didn't know that anyone *really* reads the blog."

I figure the comments we get here and there are just you guys being really nice. Kinda like when the stand up comedian says some stupid joke, but you feel like you have to force a really loud laugh to make him feel better.



How funny is it that my son and Lara's son, Camden, are on this team together? Hooray for blogs! 

Go Rangers!

1 comment:

  1. Crazy small world. And you are a talented writer. Geesh, everything you do you do with style, talent, and taste:) xo

    ReplyDelete